20th September 2015
09.30 – 18.30
Train to Create is excited to present their debut event in Spain. Learn retouching in Madrid with Pratik Naik. Proudly sponsored by Wacom, this 1-day High-End Retouching Technical Seminar is designed by Pratik and Train to Create in order to teach and inspire enthusiasts and professional photographers and retouchers. The focus of this event it will be on the technical aspects of Pratik’s workflow on high-end fashion and beauty retouching. Pratik will share his techniques and the basis for his aesthetic decisions.
Language: English – Spanish Interpreter (this event will be Interpreted in Spanish)
Technical seminar’s objectives:
Pratik Naik will discuss the entire process and techniques of retouching focusing with great attention upon the beauty, fashion and hair images. He will showcase his peculiar techniques and explain the process behind the practicalities of retouching, including the why and when specific retouching methodologies are employed.
This practical and thorough seminar will teach you how to retouch beauty and fashion shots to make it naturally perfect while not being digitally obvious.
– Talking about the differences between Capture One, Camera Raw, and other processors
– Processing images in Capture One before working with them in Photoshop.
– A brief walkthrough of Capture One and how to use it.
– Customising Photoshop’s layout and performance.
– Flow versus opacity and relationship between the two for a retouching workflow.
– Looking at each image and setting up a game plan on how to tackle each shot
– An overview of what a non-destructive workflow means.
– Dodging and burning: the multiple ways of how to do it as easily as possible
– Hair: the multiple ways to tackle hair cleanup
– Healing and cloning: the tools that are the principle of retouching. A look into how to do it correctly and incorrectly. The settings and parameters needed to do it effectively and as quick as possible.
– Colour correcting: the easy way to colour correct skin colour casts and blotchiness.
– Frequency Separation: The pros and cons of the technique. When to use it, why it’s not always the best, and what it’s good for.
– Colour toning: How I modify colours in my work and the limitations of it.
– Black and white processing
This Technical Seminar makes for a thorough and complete learning tool. You walk away with the knowledge needed to competently evaluate an image, envision the result in the mind’s eye, plan the process and execute the work needed to achieve the vision.
A free Meet Up session gives all the Seminar’s attendees the chance to unwind after a productive day and chat with industry professionals as well as fellow artists. This event will give you the opportunity to network and share your interests in a more relaxed and informal manner.
It is also an open invitation to all Madrid creatives, the right place to share your ideas and experiences about topics like Photography, Retouching, Video, Make-Up, Styling, Design, Mood and Concept.
Pratik Naik aka Solsticeretouch is the latest winner of the [F]Award as best retoucher, he has over 15,000 online following and his clients include: Vogue, Marie Claire, Elle, Zink, FHM, Cosmopolitan, Maxim, Observer, Papercut and many more. Pratik as work for famous photographer such us Joey L, Lara Jade, Anuska Menon, Michelle Fennel and more.
Additionally Pratik has a column in the Train to Create Blog and he is Senior Staff Writer at Fstoppers, one of the most followed photographic blogs with hundreds of thousands monthly views.
No, you will have to do your travel arrangements and purchase your accommodation separately.
1. There is a 14-day cooling off period following the purchase of the ticket where you will receive a full refund minus a 5% administration fee.
2. 14-day after the purchase of the workshop you are entitled a 50% refund.
3. Cancelations made 14 days prior to the event’s date are non refundable.
4. You can transfer your ticket to third parties at any time by informing us in writing at email@example.com
5. No refund will be made for non-attendance of the event
Train to Create reserves the right to cancel, reschedule or change the location and the time of an event due to unforeseen circumstances. If Train to Create cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund.
If you have a question which is not covered in the description of the event or in the list above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +44 (0)20 8133 3492 or +44 (0)20 8980 7756 and we will respond as soon as we can.
TRAIN TO CREATE
81 Bristol Road / E7 8HG / London / United Kingdom
+44 (0)20 8133 3492 / +44 (0)20 8552 3684